News & Events
The 61st meeting of the Railroad Safety Advisory Committee (RSAC) was held by Microsoft Teams on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM Eastern Time. Topics for discussion included:
- The new RSAC charter, signed by Secretary Buttigieg on October 22, 2021;
- Updates from the working groups for Part 225 Accident Reporting; Passenger Safety; and Track Standards;
- Three new proposed tasks for consideration:
- Roadway worker protection;
- Confidential Close Call Reporting systems (C3RS); and,
- Part 220 Subpart C, Electronic Devices.
FRA did not ask for a vote on these tasks at the meeting.
The next RSAC meeting will be held in early 2022 (date, time, and location TBD).
For more upcoming events, please check the RSAC Calendar.